AMSAT-NA is participating in the AmazonSmile program. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop at Amazon.com, at no cost to you.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. If you do business with Amazon you can apply your donation by logging into your Amazon account using http://smile.amazon.com/ch/52-0888529 to designate AMSAT-NA as the organization of your choice. When shopping on-line you must use the URL smile.amazon.com for AMSAT to receive the donation from your purchases.
Board of directors meeting 2013
Election of AMSAT’s Senior Officers was one of the first orders of business at the AMSAT Board of Directors meeting on October 31 in Houston, Texas.
The following positions were voted upon and filled:
- Barry Baines, WD4ASW – President
- Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA – Vice-President Operations
- Gould Smith, WA4SXM – Vice President User Services
- Tony Monteiro, AA2TX – Vice-President Engineering
- Frank Bauer, KA3HDO – Vice-President Human Spaceflight
- EMike McCardel, KC8YLD – Vice-President Educational Relations
- Alan Biddle, WA4SCA – Secretary
- Keith Baker, KB1SF/VA3KSF- Treasurer
- Martha Saragovitz – Manager
The following Senior Officer positions remained open at this time awaiting appointments:
- Executive Vice President
- Vice-President Marketing
Click on image to enlarge
The September/October AMSAT Journal is ready. This issue is on the way to the print shop. The next stop will be the post office and then your mailbox. Here is a preview of what you will find in this issue:
- Apogee View by Barry Baines, WD4ASW
- Exploring the Fox-2 Maximum Power Point Tracking System by Mark Spencer, WA8SME
- W7LRD Grid Expedition to CN77 by Bob Johnson, W7LRD
- AMSAT-UK Prepares for November Launch of FUNcube-1
- 2013 AMSAT Field Day Results by Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Museum Ships Weekend 2013 – Satellites and a Balloon by Andy MacAlister, W5ACM and Allen Mattis, N5AFV
- Kitty Litter Radio Carrier for Portable Operation by Randy Hall, K7AGE
- AMSAT at Dayton 2013 by Keith Baker, KB1SF/VA3KSF
- Ham Video Transmitter Aboard Columbus by Gaston Bertels, ON4WF
Click image for closer view …
The July/August 2013 AMSAT Journal has been sent to the print shop. They are getting geared up for the production printing run. It should arrive at your QTH in a few weeks. Thanks for all the help from the Journal’s editorial team: Bernhard VA6BMJ, Mike K4ERA, and Douglas KA2UPW/5.
In this issue you will find: