Board of directors meeting 2013
Election of AMSAT’s Senior Officers was one of the first orders of business at the AMSAT Board of Directors meeting on October 31 in Houston, Texas.
The following positions were voted upon and filled:
- Barry Baines, WD4ASW – President
- Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA – Vice-President Operations
- Gould Smith, WA4SXM – Vice President User Services
- Tony Monteiro, AA2TX – Vice-President Engineering
- Frank Bauer, KA3HDO – Vice-President Human Spaceflight
- EMike McCardel, KC8YLD – Vice-President Educational Relations
- Alan Biddle, WA4SCA – Secretary
- Keith Baker, KB1SF/VA3KSF- Treasurer
- Martha Saragovitz – Manager
The following Senior Officer positions remained open at this time awaiting appointments:
- Executive Vice President
- Vice-President Marketing
Click on image to enlarge
The September/October AMSAT Journal is ready. This issue is on the way to the print shop. The next stop will be the post office and then your mailbox. Here is a preview of what you will find in this issue:
- Apogee View by Barry Baines, WD4ASW
- Exploring the Fox-2 Maximum Power Point Tracking System by Mark Spencer, WA8SME
- W7LRD Grid Expedition to CN77 by Bob Johnson, W7LRD
- AMSAT-UK Prepares for November Launch of FUNcube-1
- 2013 AMSAT Field Day Results by Bruce Paige, KK5DO
- Museum Ships Weekend 2013 – Satellites and a Balloon by Andy MacAlister, W5ACM and Allen Mattis, N5AFV
- Kitty Litter Radio Carrier for Portable Operation by Randy Hall, K7AGE
- AMSAT at Dayton 2013 by Keith Baker, KB1SF/VA3KSF
- Ham Video Transmitter Aboard Columbus by Gaston Bertels, ON4WF
Click image for closer view …
The July/August 2013 AMSAT Journal has been sent to the print shop. They are getting geared up for the production printing run. It should arrive at your QTH in a few weeks. Thanks for all the help from the Journal’s editorial team: Bernhard VA6BMJ, Mike K4ERA, and Douglas KA2UPW/5.
In this issue you will find:
Patrick, WD9EWK (left), discusses his dual FT-817 travel setup with Wyatt, AC0RA (right). Photo: www.w5pfg.us.
AMSAT President Barry Baines, WD4ASW has announced the appointment of Patrick Stoddard, WD9EWK as AMSAT’s new Director of Field Operations. In his new capacity, Patrick is responsible for managing AMSAT’s corps of Area Coordinators (AC) who represent AMSAT in their local areas. Area Coordinators serve as the “Ambassadors of AMSAT” which includes such activities as manning an AMSAT booth at hamfests, giving local/regional club presentations on AMSAT and satellite operations, and serving as “Elmers” to those looking for information about operating through satellites. ACs are also known to establish local nets and assist with Field Day satellite activities.